Sunday, February 25, 2007

 

My Oscar Scorecard

And now the results....

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker (although I'd rather Peter O'Toole win)

Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin (I loved Slums of Beverly Hills)
Best Actress: Helen Mirren (The Queen is supposed to be great)
Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett (cause I recognize her name)
Best Animated: Cars (amazingly awesome, and the only one I saw)
Best Director: Martin Scorsese (because Goodfellas didn't direct itself)
Best Picture: Letters from Iwo Jima (although I think The Queen could win)

So, 4 right, 3 wrong. That's 1 better than half right. I guess I'll stop thinking I'm some kind of psychic when it comes to the Oscars. I didn't watch much of it. I miss Billy Crystal.

Some girl who was rejected on American Idol won the Oscar for Supporting Actress. Go figure. It's good that Marty won both Picture and Director. I was guessing that the Academy would only give him 1 of the Awards because the I can only assume the reason he doesn't already have an Oscar is that he seriously p#$$#d someone off years ago at the Academy.

Well, it's back on the road again today. Off to Dallas and Austin. Later next week, we all go to DisneyWorld (for the first time!)

mJm

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]