Sunday, February 25, 2007

 

Oscar Night - My Pix

I've seen basically none of the movies nominated, so here is my clearly informed prediction. I'm doing this mainly because I have this belief that I'm really good at predicting the winners, so while I figure out this blogging thing, I'll record my major picks here. We'll score me later.

Best Actor: Forest Whitaker (although I'd rather Peter O'Toole win)
Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin (I loved Slums of Beverly Hills)
Best Actress: Helen Mirren (The Queen is supposed to be great)
Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett (cause I recognize her name)
Best Animated: Cars (amazingly awesome, and the only one I saw)
Best Director: Martin Scorsese (because Goodfellas didn't direct itself)
Best Picture: Letters from Iwo Jima (although I think The Queen could win)

Oh man do I hope that Borat wins for Best Adapted Screenplay. The network censors will be poised with fingers on the red button the moment they hear Baron Sacha Cohen's name. Hopefully he points out that his movie was satire and not a documentary. Wow, some folks are really stupid.

Comments:
Nice blog! The formatting is odd on Firefox... the default editor for blogger sucks if you get creative with wrapping text around pictures. You need a custom template too!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]