Friday, March 28, 2008

 

Walking Away...

The day I've been dreading is finally upon me. Back in October, when I made the decision to leave this incredible job so I could reset my life and spend more time at home with my young family, I knew this day was coming.

On Thursday night, I spent some time with my Sunnyvale team, reminiscing about past accomplishments, sharing insights into what may be around the corner, and laughing over the many great moments of levity we shared. I think the ability to laugh during your darkest days is something that differentiates the winners from the losers and also-rans. At times, things will be hellish, but as long as you have the ability to even imagine the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, and crack a joke that relieves the tension in a room, you'll find a way to get through it. Laughter has gotten me through some very tough days.

I don't know what is next for me professionally. I know I have too much passion to be "done". But it's extremely tough right now to imagine what could follow this adventure, and have me jumping out of bed in the morning (or sleeping under my desk). But the experiences and friendships I have will be treasured assets. I've been all over the world, worked with some of the smartest people in the business, and thrived in a product environment where literally every day poses new threats and challenges. It was damn cool, and I'm so grateful to have had this opportunity.

For now, my goals are pretty straight forward. I have to finish my Private Pilots License, lose 25lbs, and get my golf game down to a 9 handicap. Not the most ambitious goals I've set for myself over the last decade, but ones that feel pretty damn good right now.

I'm looking forward to being a full time Dad and husband for a while!
mJm

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]